BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
707 NEVADA ST
(9:00 AM ONLY IF A CLOSED SESSION IS SCHEDULED)
ADDRESSING THE BOARD
*Any person desiring to address the Board shall first secure permission of the presiding officer.
*Speaker cards are provided so that individuals can bring to the attention of the presiding officer their desire to speak on a particular agenda item. Cards are available on the table by the door and shall be completed and presented to the Clerk in advance of speaking.
*Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on the Agenda, may be addressed by the Public at the time provided in the Agenda under Public Comment. The Board limits testimony on those items to three minutes per person and no more than three individuals shall address the same subject.
*Next resolution in line for adoption: No. 07-056
A. 9:00 A.M. CALL TO ORDER
1. PUBLIC COMMENT (Suggested for addressing items to be considered under Closed Session)
2. CLOSED SESSION
Announcement of items to be discussed in Closed Session.
1) Conference with Legal Counsel: Significant exposure to Litigation Pursuant to Subdivision (b) of Government Code Section 54956.9 (if needed).
2) Conference with Legal Counsel: Existing litigation pursuant to Subdivision (a) of Government Code Section 54956.9: Mountain Meadows Conservancy, Sierra Club, and Sierra Watch, Petitioners, v. County of Lassen, Lassen County Board of Supervisors, Respondents, Dyer Mountain Associates LLC, Real Parties in Interest, Superior Court, County of Lassen, Case No. 45938.
3) Claims: Claim of Karl Heinz Rawisch presented October 25, 2007.
B. 9:30 A.M. OPENING CEREMONIES
Pledge of Allegiance and invocation.
1. ANNOUNCEMENT OF ITEMS DISCUSSED IN CLOSED SESSION
2. AGENDA APPROVAL, ADDITIONS AND/OR DELETIONS
3. PUBLIC COMMENT
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
(These matters are scheduled at the time stated, and will be heard by the Board as close to the time stated as possible.)
SUBJECT: 2005/2006 Community Block Grant (CDBG) Planning and Technical Assistance (P/TA) Economic Development Allocation Public Hearing, Alley Improvements in the Town of Westwood Feasibility Study Final Product and Closeout.
ACTION REQUESTED: Hold a public hearing to solicit comments regarding grantee performance, grant closeout, and accept the final product.
D. MATTERS SET FOR TIME CERTAIN
(These matters have been set at the time stated to accommodate the participants, and will be heard by the Board as close to the time stated as possible.)
E. STUDY SESSION
F. BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
BIG VALLEY RECREATION DISTRICT
SUBJECT: Vacancies on the Big Valley Recreation District.
ACTION REQUESTED: Consider making appointments. (Applicants: Sheri Lynn Beckett; Phillis Martin)
G. INFORMATION/CONSENT CALENDAR
(These matters are routine in nature and usually approved by a single vote. Prior to action of the Board, the public will be given the opportunity to comment on any consent item.)
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ITEM
SUBJECT: Personnel Movement Report for October, 2007.
ACTION REQUESTED: Receive and file.
HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES ITEM
SUBJECT: State Department of Mental Health Agreement for the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) #07-77318-000.
ACTION REQUESTED: Approve the agreement and authorize the County Administrative Officer to execute the agreements.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT ITEM
SUBJECT: Agreement with Pine Creek Cattle Company for "Grant of Right to take Borrow for Highway Purposes".
ACTION REQUESTED: Approve agreement and authorize the Director of Public Works to sign.
LASSEN COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL
4. SUBJECT: Resolution approving participation in the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 State/Local Partnership Program and the local priorities of the California Arts Council, and authorizing execution of grant contracts with the California Arts Council. (There is no matching monies request attached to this resolution of support.)
ACTION REQUESTED: Adopt resolution.
MISCELLANEOUS CORRESPONDENCE ITEMS
H. DEPARTMENT REPORTS
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
SUBJECT: Lassen County's participation the U.S. Census Bureau Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) Program for the 2010 Decennial Census.
ACTION REQUESTED: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Participation Registration forms.
SUBJECT: Application for Local Groundwater Assistance Funds (AB 303) for Groundwater Monitoring within Lassen County.
ACTION REQUESTED: Adopt resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer or designee to submit a grant application pursuant to AB303 and execute an agreement with California Department of Water Resources to accept the grant.
SUBJECT: Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act and establishing thresholds for the award of contracts for Public Works.
ACTION REQUESTED: 1) Adopt "Resolution Establishing Uniform Construction Cost Accounting".
2) Introduce, by title only, Ordinance No. XXX "Adding Chapter 1.25 to Title 1 of the Ordinance Code of the County of Lassen to provide Informal Bidding Procedures Under the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (Section 22000, et seq. of the Public Contract Code.")
COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE
SUBJECT: Lassen High School District Pool Project.
ACTION REQUESTED: Adopt Resolution indicating support for the Lassen High School District Pool Project presented on November 20, 2007.
SUBJECT: Correspondence from Time Warner Cable reporting on security upgrades beginning November 15, 2007 and correspondence reporting on negotiations being held with specific programmers.
ACTION REQUESTED: Receive and file.
J. BOARD MEMBERS ACTION ITEMS
K. AGENDA ADDENDUM
December 4, 2007 – No Board Meeting